IberLEF 2023 Task - PoliticEs. Political ideology detection in Spanish texts Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Appropriate citation for PoliticES 2023 data

Dear organizers,
I plan on using the dataset that was released for this task on a similar one that is currently running for Italian: EVALITA 2023 Task - PoliticIT.
I would appreciate it if you could let me know how to cite this material.

Kind regards

Posted by: TuebingenPoliticIT @ June 1, 2023, 2:16 p.m.

Hi. First of all to participate in the competition.

You should cite the overview of the task. The tentative citation is the following:
@article{overviewPoliticIT2023,
title = {{Overview of PoliticIT2023@EVALITA: Political Ideology Detection in Italian Texts}},
author = {Russo, Daniel and Jiménez-Zafra, Salud María and García-Díaz, José Antonio and Caselli, Tommaso and Guerini, Marco and Ureña-López, L. Alfonso, and Valencia-García, Rafael},
year = {2023},
journal = {8th evaluation campaign of Natural Language Processing and Speech tools for Italian (EVALITA 2023)},
volume = {},
number = {0},
issn = {},
keywords = {}
}

In addition, the dataset is inspired in the two work related here that you should cite
https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/competitions/8507#learn_the_details-terms_and_conditions

- García-Díaz, J. A., Colomo-Palacios, R., & Valencia-García, R. (2022). Psychographic traits identification based on political ideology: An author analysis study on Spanish politicians’ tweets posted in 2020. Future Generation Computer Systems, 130(1), 59-74.
- García-Díaz, J. A., Jiménez Zafra, S. M., Martín Valdivia, M. T., García-Sánchez, F., Ureña López, L. A., & Valencia García, R. (2022). Overview of PoliticEs 2022: Spanish Author Profiling for Political Ideology. Procesamiento del Lenguaje Natural, 69, 265-272.

Kind regards

Posted by: JoseAGD @ June 1, 2023, 2:29 p.m.

Thank you for getting back to me, I am afraid I did not explain myself clearly enough.
My question was about the data released for the IberLEF 2023 Task. I would like to know how to cite the Spanish dataset released for the PoliticEs 2023 task.
Kind regards

Posted by: TuebingenPoliticIT @ June 1, 2023, 6:17 p.m.

Ah. In this case you should cite the overview of the PoliticES 2023 shared task (there is not other work to describe the dataset compilation). It is also tentative, but the citation should be something like this:
@article{overviewPoliticES2023,
author = {José Antonio García-Díaz, Salud María Jiménez-Zafra, María Teresa Martín-Valdivia, Francisco García-Sánchez, L. Alfonso Ureña-López, Rafael Valencia-García},
title = {{Overview of PoliticES2023@IberLEF: Political Ideology Detection in Spanish Texts}},
journal = {Procesamiento del Lenguaje Natural},
volume = {71},
number = {0},
year = {2023},
keywords = {},
issn = {1989-7553}
}

Best regargs

Posted by: JoseAGD @ June 1, 2023, 9:49 p.m.
Post in this thread