CXR-LT: Multi-Label Long-Tailed Classification on Chest X-Rays Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Questions about certification application for data download

I would like to ask, how long does it usually take for everyone to download and apply for certification? I saw that some contestants said that it takes a week to apply for certification. How long does it really take?
Also, it will take a long time to start downloading this large data set after the certification application is passed, right? In the end, there is really not much time to actually train the model. I think this will not allow the contestants to do their best.

Posted by: fred-haha @ May 23, 2023, 8:02 a.m.

Other participants can tell you their personal experiences, but for those who have successfully registered, the average waiting time to be credentialed is well under a week. It appears that downloading the dataset now may take several days (using the provided "wget" command) due to a change on PhysioNet's end; there is, however, another download option through Google Cloud buckets that should be far faster. Even if these steps take longer than expected, this should still give you over a month to develop models and participate in the competition. Hope to see you participate!

Greg Holste | CXR-LT Organizer

Posted by: gholste @ May 23, 2023, 6:05 p.m.
Post in this thread