To NeRF or not to NeRF: A View Synthesis Challenge for Human Heads @ ICCV 2023 Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Is it normal that submission state are stuck at "RUNNING"?

I submit the results and the status of submissions are stuck at "RUNNING".

Is it normal?

Posted by: js.kang @ July 19, 2023, 3:37 p.m.

Dear js.kang,

Please find the relevant information from the following link: https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/forums/13233/1841/

It’s not a usual case, but we suspect that this issue may occur when there are multiple submissions happening at the same time. However, please make sure that you were successful in examining your final submission with our starting kit, as described in the forum.

Uploading speed is also often a potential problem. As I could see, others who submitted files later than you were successfully updated, so you should be able to upload it too.

I suggest that you first make a dummy_submission.zip file with our starting kit, which is a small-sized file. Then test it for submission. If it is successful, try to make the correct submission file and upload it.

Please let me know if you want me to delete your submission which is held as a ‘running’ status, so I can delete it.

Posted by: youngkyoonjang @ July 19, 2023, 5:25 p.m.

I already use two submission chance today.

Is the chance will recover when you delete the submissions?

If it is, please delete all my submissions.

Posted by: js.kang @ July 19, 2023, 5:41 p.m.

Hi js.kang,

I have deleted your submissions that were in the ‘running’ status. Just in case, try submitting using the Baseline-only CodaLab, as it has a longer deadline. And please read carefully about the previous forum thread: https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/forums/13233/1841/
You should be able to upload at least the dummy_submission.zip file.

Posted by: youngkyoonjang @ July 19, 2023, 5:50 p.m.

How long the scoring takes normally?

I submit the dummy_zip and it is not stuck.

I run 6_examine_submission_file.py with my file and there is no problem detected.

Posted by: js.kang @ July 19, 2023, 6:19 p.m.

Hi js.kang,

Please find the relevant information from the following link: https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/forums/13233/1841/

Posted by: youngkyoonjang @ July 19, 2023, 6:27 p.m.

Hello,

I also have the same issue. The submission is stuck in the 'Running' stage here and also in the Baseline-only CodaLab, while the dummy_submission works fine and 6_examine_submission_file.py shows no problem.

Posted by: andreead @ July 19, 2023, 7:18 p.m.

Hi js.kang,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. According to a previous forum thread, another participant with the same problem was eventually able to submit without any explanation. Could you please continue trying to identify what the problem might be? When I tested using the other participant’s file to test, submitting the same file that already showed the problematic ‘running’ status was eventually not successful although you submit the same file multiple times. Could you please try using a different PC or network that is fast enough? Or could you compare the differences in the environment between the Development Phase and Challenge Phase when submitting results?

Posted by: youngkyoonjang @ July 19, 2023, 7:33 p.m.

There is no difference between DevPhase and ChaPhase file without the file size.

I think there is a bug in Codalab system.

Is there any method instead of Codalab?

Posted by: js.kang @ July 19, 2023, 7:58 p.m.

Hi js.kang,

I don’t believe this is an issue with CodaLab, as I have confirmed that other participants were still able to submit successfully while you were experiencing submission failures. I downloaded your file and noticed that your readme file contains a lot of text. Could you please summarize the text in a paragraph and avoid using special characters? Try to use plain text as much as possible and start by modifying a dummy readme.txt file, even avoiding any brackets. Since you still have the opportunity to submit your report by the 24th, you don’t need to include lengthy descriptions in the readme file.

Posted by: youngkyoonjang @ July 19, 2023, 8:17 p.m.

According to your advise, I remove almost sentences in the readme.txt file and finally it works.

Thank you for your works.

Posted by: js.kang @ July 19, 2023, 8:35 p.m.

Same for me, the text in the readme was causing the issue. Thanks for the support!

Posted by: andreead @ July 19, 2023, 8:47 p.m.
Post in this thread