ADRENALIN - BOPTEST Challenge: Smart building HVAC control Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> testid for BoptestGymEnv

I'm trying to run BoptestGymEnv without creating a testid, but I'm encountering the following error:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='apu.boptest.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /testcases/Adrenalin1/select (Caused by NameResolutionError("<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7437b225dcd0>: Failed to resolve 'apu.boptest.net' ([Errno -2] Name or service not known)"))

Do I need to create a testid first to resolve this issue?

Posted by: Aniket @ July 23, 2024, 11:18 a.m.

Hi,

There seems to be a typo in the URL you are using, it should be "api.boptest.net" instead of "apu.boptest.net"

Posted by: bat @ July 23, 2024, 12:01 p.m.

Can you please confirm if /testcases/Adrenalin1/select is accessible in BoptestGymEnv? When I pass a different testcase like `singlezone_commercial_hydronic`, it works fine.

Posted by: Aniket @ July 23, 2024, 12:14 p.m.

Hi. Currently the testcases are only available through BOPTEST-Gym when running the emulators locally.

Posted by: haraldwalnum @ July 29, 2024, 5:36 a.m.

Hello. I would appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

1. In the Score formula, i is calculated from i=1 to i=4. Could you please explain what i represents?
2. As participants in the competition, do we have access to the baseline score? How can we access it?
3. In the plots, what exactly does the temperature in the comport plot represent?

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 1, 2024, 8:56 a.m.

1. In the Score formula, "i" refers to the different test cases and scenarios. There are two test cases: Adrenalin1 and Adrenalin2. Each test case includes two scenarios: peak_heat_day and typical_heat_day. This is why "i" is calculated from 1 to 4, covering all combinations.
2. We don't have access to a given baseline score. However, you can calculate it yourself by writing a simple script that runs the simulation with default inputs (e.g., u = {}). This will help you establish a baseline for comparison.
3. Unfortunately, I'm not sure about this aspect as I haven't checked it yet.

I hope this helps!

Posted by: Aniket @ Aug. 1, 2024, 12:30 p.m.

Hi.
Regarding question 3. What plot are you referring to?

Posted by: haraldwalnum @ Aug. 1, 2024, 12:42 p.m.

Hello. Is it possible to run programs in the Google Colab environment? Please share your experiences and information regarding the advantages and limitations of using Colab for BOPTEST. Best regards.

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 5, 2024, 5:31 p.m.

Hi. It is possible to run the emulators on the BOTEST service from colab.
This tutorial from boptest-gym gives some hints: https://github.com/ibpsa/project1-boptest-gym/blob/master/docs/tutorials/CCAI_Summer_School_2022/Building_Control_with_RL_using_BOPTEST.ipynb

However, running emulators locally in docker, it is not straight forward. Since the service version of the emulators are not available through boptest-gym, I would not recommend it for that purpose.

Posted by: haraldwalnum @ Aug. 6, 2024, 6:25 a.m.
Post in this thread