ADRENALIN - BOPTEST Challenge: Smart building HVAC control Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> FMU simulation failed

boptest_1 | File "/home/user/testcase.py", line 170, in __simulation
boptest_1 | res = self.fmu.simulate(start_time=start_time,
boptest_1 | File "src/pyfmi/fmi.pyx", line 7573, in pyfmi.fmi.FMUModelCS2.simulate
boptest_1 | File "src/pyfmi/fmi.pyx", line 378, in pyfmi.fmi.ModelBase._exec_simulate_algorithm
boptest_1 | File "src/pyfmi/fmi.pyx", line 374, in pyfmi.fmi.ModelBase._exec_simulate_algorithm
boptest_1 | File "/home/user/miniconda/envs/pyfmi3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyfmi/fmi_algorithm_drivers.py", line 1065, in solve
boptest_1 | result_handler.integration_point()
boptest_1 | File "/home/user/miniconda/envs/pyfmi3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyfmi/common/io.py", line 2650, in integration_point
boptest_1 | self.dump_data_internal.save_point()
boptest_1 | File "src/pyfmi/fmi_util.pyx", line 1087, in pyfmi.fmi_util.DumpData.save_point
boptest_1 | File "src/pyfmi/fmi.pyx", line 4203, in pyfmi.fmi.FMUModelBase2.get_real
boptest_1 | File "src/pyfmi/fmi.pyx", line 4235, in pyfmi.fmi.FMUModelBase2.get_real
boptest_1 | pyfmi.fmi.FMUException: Failed to get the Real values.
boptest_1 | .

Hi everyone, any idea what could be the possible reason?

Posted by: Aniket @ Aug. 7, 2024, 11:57 a.m.

Hi.
I have not seen this error before. Which emulator and scenario is it?

Posted by: haraldwalnum @ Aug. 9, 2024, 7:08 a.m.

Thanks for your reply. emulator is singlezone_commerical_hydronic and scenario is electricity_price:'highly_dynamic'.

Posted by: Aniket @ Aug. 9, 2024, 9:39 a.m.

OK. some follow-up questions:
- Does it happen in the middle of the scenario, or in the initialization?
- Are your control input reasonable?
- I guess you are running locally, have you tested if the service version also fails?

Posted by: haraldwalnum @ Aug. 9, 2024, 10:57 a.m.

1. It occurs during the scenario, not at the start.
2. I attempted to print the values before sending them to `/advance`, and they seem to be within the expected range. However, it's worth noting that everything worked perfectly with discrete actions, but I'm facing issues with continuous action space. Could this be due to not using `NormalizeActionWrapper`?
3. Yes, I'm running this locally and haven't tested it on the service version.

Posted by: Aniket @ Aug. 9, 2024, 12:23 p.m.

2. That could be. I am not familiar with this.

Posted by: haraldwalnum @ Aug. 9, 2024, 12:52 p.m.

Apologies, my mistake. The issue isn't related to the discrete or continuous action space. After debugging, I discovered that this error occurs during simulation when the KPI values at time stamp `t` are the same as the KPI values at time `t-1`.

Posted by: Aniket @ Aug. 9, 2024, 1:49 p.m.

Ok. So you are avle to solve your issue?
What time step are you running with?

Posted by: haraldwalnum @ Aug. 10, 2024, 5:45 a.m.

No, I'm still working on fixing it. Initially, I tried with 3600 steps and later reduced it to 900, but it still didn't work.

Posted by: Aniket @ Aug. 10, 2024, 8:46 a.m.
Post in this thread