ADRENALIN - BOPTEST Challenge: Smart building HVAC control Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Problem in file uploading

Hello. I've attempted to upload the file several times, but after clicking the submit button and selecting the relevant zip file with a size of 16 kB, the submit button remains inactive and nothing happens. Please provide guidance regarding this issue.

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 26, 2024, 3:35 p.m.

The problem you describe is a known issue on Chrome and other browsers based on it:
https://github.com/codalab/codalab-competitions/issues/3503

The solution is to submit with Firefox.

Posted by: jmerle @ Aug. 26, 2024, 3:56 p.m.

Firefox keeps giving the following error:
Invalid file type ().

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 26, 2024, 4:20 p.m.

The error changed, that's progress. I'm not sure what can cause that error though.

How are you zipping and what are you zipping?
Your zip archive should contain a single submission_template.xlsx file and no directories.

For reference: my latest successful submission was 5.8 kB in size and was created using Python's zipfile module.

Posted by: jmerle @ Aug. 26, 2024, 4:59 p.m.

My file is exactly just an Excel file with the same name you mentioned, which has been zipped. Is there another way to send it? I am using WinRAR to create the zip file.

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 26, 2024, 5:51 p.m.

Not to my knowledge. Perhaps it works if you create the zip file using Windows Explorer instead of WinRAR?

Posted by: jmerle @ Aug. 26, 2024, 5:53 p.m.

Kindly provide explanations about the errors present in the submitted file, the reasons for their occurrence, and how to fix them.

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 26, 2024, 9:06 p.m.

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/codalab/tmpjEVjt0/run/program/evaluate.py", line 45, in
score_total,score_subs,messages = read_submission_excel_template(stage= "training", baseline_scores = baseline_scores, template_filename = submission_answer_file)
File "/tmp/codalab/tmpjEVjt0/run/program/read_result.py", line 113, in read_submission_excel_template
testcase = f"{submission.loc[row].Case}_{stage}"
File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pandas/core/generic.py", line 5575, in __getattr__
return object.__getattribute__(self, name)
AttributeError: 'Series' object has no attribute 'Case'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/codalab/tmpjEVjt0/run/program/evaluate.py", line 55, in
raise Exception('Error in calculation of the score or loading the files')
Exception: Error in calculation of the score or loading the files

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 26, 2024, 9:13 p.m.

Hi.
Please have a look at your submitted template excel file. It does not have the same structure as the original template. Your first and second columns are merged.

Posted by: haraldwalnum @ Aug. 27, 2024, 5:59 a.m.

Hi,
As Harald said, the submission must have the same structure as the template.
I made a little update, I hope the error messages will be more understandable now.

Posted by: bat @ Aug. 27, 2024, 9:21 a.m.

The structure of my sent zip file was an Excel file named "submission_template" with the following details:

The first row had several merged columns with the title "ADRENALIN 2024: Smart building HVAC control challenge".
The second row had the column titles "Case_Scenario" and "test_id".
Rows 3 to 6 contained information related to four different scenarios. For example, in the first column of row 3, the value was "Adrenalin1_peak_heat_day" and in the second column, the corresponding "test_id".
Similarly, in row 4, the first column had "Adrenalin1_typical_heat_day" and the second column had the corresponding "test_id".
Rows 5 and 6 followed the same pattern.
It seems I should remove the first two rows. Have I correctly selected the first column, for example "Adrenalin1_typical_heat_day"?

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 27, 2024, 12:55 p.m.

What causes the problem is that you combined the first two columns.

You first column should be "Case" as header in the second row
Second column should be "Scenario"
third column "test_id"

Posted by: bat @ Aug. 27, 2024, 1:01 p.m.

You shouldn't remove any columns from the template, only change cells C3 - C6

Posted by: bat @ Aug. 27, 2024, 1:04 p.m.

Based on the text below from the competition guidelines:

"Keep the submission filename as 'submission_template.xlsx'!

The Excel file contains 4 rows and two columns. One row for each scenario and test case. The first column is the identifier, and the second column is for the test_id's retrieved from the BOPTEST service."

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 27, 2024, 1:07 p.m.

Ok. So it should be completed based on that sample Excel file without adding or removing anything? Even the first row which has the title "ADRENALIN 2023: Smart building HVAC control challenge"?

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 27, 2024, 1:10 p.m.

You are right, the description there is incorrect.

Thank you for noticing.

Posted by: bat @ Aug. 27, 2024, 1:11 p.m.

Yes, everything should stay the same, except the test ID-s themselves

Posted by: bat @ Aug. 27, 2024, 1:13 p.m.

Please provide more details regarding the following message about the results in the attached file for the adrenaline2 test case.
"Scenario of test_id peak_heat_day not equal to registered testcase typical_heat_day"

Posted by: mehdi.forouzanfar @ Aug. 27, 2024, 5:02 p.m.

It seems that that the test ID you submitted for "typical_heat_day" belongs to a "peak_heat_day" test case.

Posted by: bat @ Aug. 27, 2024, 6:08 p.m.
Post in this thread