Intelligent Control (ECE5759) Spring 2022 - Final Term Project Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Welcome!

If you have any questions, you can post them here.

Posted by: longpham3105 @ May 10, 2022, 7:02 a.m.

How long approximately should it last to train one epoch on an average pc?

Posted by: stefhof96 @ May 10, 2022, 1:20 p.m.

I think it should take around 15 minutes/epoch if you train a yolov5s model on an average PC.

Posted by: longpham3105 @ May 10, 2022, 2:45 p.m.

Hi,

i tried to get my first result today and wanted to get a quick and simple model with:
!python train.py --weights yolov5n.pt --img 640 --batch 8 --epochs 1 --data visdrone.yaml
After running this cell i got --> Parse error at "'--extra-'": Expected W:(abcd...)
However it seemed to work since at the end my --> "Results saved to runs\train\exp"

After that i wanted to run the validation cell but I got following error:
AssertionError: 'runs/train/exp/weights/best.pt' acceptable suffix is ['.pt', '.torchscript', '.onnx', '_openvino_model', '.engine', '.mlmodel', '_saved_model', '.pb', '.tflite', '_edgetpu.tflite', '_web_model', '.xml']
Even though i have the file best.pf in this directory. Did I forget an important flag in the cell?

Thank you for your answer!

Posted by: stefhof96 @ May 11, 2022, 12:55 a.m.

Can you check if the best.pt file exist in runs/train/exp/weights folder via file manager?

Posted by: longpham3105 @ May 11, 2022, 2 a.m.

Yes it exists. So I am currently working on a windows machine since the PCs in the Semiconducter PC Lab are windows machines.
There exists a Linux virtual machine but I don't know the PW and therefore I cant update python or install anaconda.

On the windows machine miniconda was already installed so I used this one. Is the windows machine the problem?

Posted by: stefhof96 @ May 11, 2022, 2:18 a.m.

Hi,

The Windows machine is not the problem. We have run it on Windows PC, and it worked well.

Can you delete the current weight "runs/train/exp/" (you may delete all folder in "runs/train") and train it again with 2 epochs:

!python train.py --weights yolov5n.pt --img 640 --batch 8 --epochs 2 --data visdrone.yaml

Posted by: supersugar @ May 11, 2022, 2:33 a.m.

I tried it and it seemed like it didn't work. But I was in a hurry to get to another class. I will try it later once more.

Posted by: stefhof96 @ May 11, 2022, 3:53 a.m.

Hi,

You need to change single quote into double quote.

!python detect.py --weights "runs/train/exp/weights/best.pt" --img 640 --conf 0.25 --source "data/visdrone/test/images" --save-txt --save-conf

Posted by: supersugar @ May 11, 2022, 4:23 a.m.

Awsome! Now it works :) Thanks a lot!

Posted by: stefhof96 @ May 11, 2022, 11 a.m.
Post in this thread