Text Complexity DE Challenge 2022 Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Our session at KONVENS 2022

Dear all,

I just got more details about our session at KONVENS 2022;
- The session will start on September 12th at 13:30.
- We will start with an overview presentation and then all the participants who will attend the session will present their works.
- We have 20 minutes for each presentation (15 min of presentation + 5 min Q&A)
- There is no template for the presentation, so feel free the template of your interest.
- We will put the order of presentation on the competition's website soon.

Please feel free to ask your questions either by sending an email to me (salar.mohtaj@tu-berlin.de) or directly in this forum thread.

Best regards,
Salar Mohtaj

Posted by: qu.lab @ Aug. 26, 2022, 12:10 p.m.

Dear all,

the presentation schedule is posted on the competition website (https://qulab.github.io/text_complexity_challlenge/#program-konvens2022)
Here is the plan:
13:30 – 13:50: Opening
13:50 – 14:10: BBAW Zentrum Sprache
14:10 – 14:30: HIIG
14:30 – 14:50: TUM Social Computing
14:50 – 15:10: HHUplexity
15:10 – 15:30: Deepset
15:30 – 16:00: Break
16:00 – 16:20: LGirrbach
16:20 – 16:40: TUMuch Complexity
16:40 – 17:00: AComplexity

Please let me know if either no one from your group will attend the session but your group name is on the list, or if you want to attend the session but your group name is not on the list.
Moreover, please inform me if the time doesn't work for you, then we can change your presentation with the other groups.

Best regards,
Salar

Posted by: qu.lab @ Aug. 29, 2022, 10:15 a.m.

Hello,

I have a question concerning the technical setup: Will we present form our own machines or do we have to use a provided machine?
Do you know which beamer connectors (HDMI, VGA, etc.) there are?
If we have to use a provided machine, do we have to send our presentation somewhere? If so, in which format?

Thanks for your help!

Posted by: manschuetz @ Sept. 8, 2022, 8:17 a.m.

Hi,

thank you for the questions.
We have a machine in the session, so you can use it for the presentation. Honestly, I have no idea about the available connectors, but I guess at least an HDMI cable should be available, in case that you want to use your own machine for the presentation.
To use the provided machine, I think the best would be to send your presentation file via email to me before the session (of course, sooner is better).
Regarding the format, it could be either PDF or pptx/ppt. It would be good if you have a PDF version of your presentation anyhow, so we can switch to it in case the .pptx/ppt file doesn't work well.

Best,
Salar

Posted by: qu.lab @ Sept. 9, 2022, 9:49 p.m.
Post in this thread