MAFAT Satellite Vision Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> How to install dependencies to run submission code?

I have read the competition's FAQ, however it's not clear for me how to run the submission code with a model which is different from baseline and has different dependencies.
In the FAQ it is mentioned that submission will fail if model is trying, during inference, to download additional files from the internet.
For example, if I'm going to use a model from a custom package of mmrotate, which requires a specific version of mmcv/ mmdet to be installed. Can I use something like pip install -r requirements.txt and pip install -v -e .?

Thanks.

Posted by: Aksell @ Feb. 12, 2023, 7:46 a.m.

Hi,

You can not install packages in the submission environment, however, if you need any packages you may request for it's installation in the "python packages" thread.

Shai,
MAFAT Challenge Team

Posted by: MAFAT_Challenge @ Feb. 12, 2023, 2:59 p.m.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
What about python packages list from this topic:https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/forums/9563/1273/ ?
Is this list still actual at present moment? I'am asking because of baseline submission has mmcv, mmdet and mmrotate dependencies but none of these packages in the list.

Posted by: Aksell @ Feb. 12, 2023, 3:59 p.m.

Hi,

Thank you for noticing. the list was indeed outdated (though the packages were installed)
We have updated the list.

Shai,
MAFAT Challenge Team

Posted by: MAFAT_Challenge @ Feb. 13, 2023, 8:18 a.m.
Post in this thread