MAFAT Satellite Vision Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Root access inside of docker container

Hi MAFAT Team, during model.py execution I try to install / delete some packages, it works fine in docker on my machine, but fails during submission, because there are some problems with access rights, can you pls modify docker run in a such way so we can easy delete install packages without any access issues? I think just running everything as root user should work

Posted by: maksimovka @ March 6, 2023, 3:21 p.m.

for example I cannot delete mmcv and install my own version subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['mim', 'uninstall', 'mmcv', '-y']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Posted by: maksimovka @ March 6, 2023, 3:22 p.m.

If you want to have your packages included, you need to request them to the MAFAT team. Best way is to ask here https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/forums/9563/1273/ . Currently, there are two docker environments available, each has different mmcv, mmdet, mmrotate versions. You can check it out, would be useful to know what packages are pre-installed. Note that I am not from the MAFAT team, but hope this helps. Though I honestly do like the idea of installing the packages ourselves, it is more convenient for extending packages we use.

Posted by: samuelkoes @ March 6, 2023, 3:54 p.m.

Hi,
The submission docker has no access to the internet, If you would like us to install any packages, you may request their installation in the “python packages” thread.
Neta,
MAFAT Challenge Team

Posted by: MAFAT_Challenge @ March 7, 2023, 11:19 a.m.
Post in this thread