MAFAT Satellite Vision Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Request for Clarification on Competition Rules and Collaborations

Hello,

A few weeks back there were multiple top scorers who had only made a few submissions. This piqued my curiosity, and through some quick cross referencing via linkedin and other platforms, I found that five of the top nine participants (at 31/3/23 1:31 Israel time) were likely from the same small vision company. It has slightly changed since then and I will obviously not mention names. I was extremely hesitant to post this. I don't want to cause embarrassment or shame, but in light of yet another such submission, I feel obligated to share this information.

To be absolutely clear:
I'm not stating rules have been broken, nor that any collaboration between them has even occurred. I genuinely do not know. I simply noticed something that, at the very least, is eyebrow-raising, and therefore I'm raising awareness and seeking clarification. The MAFAT team, having access to all submissions, is the only one who can reach conclusions. It's really hard to say what constitutes proper vs improper behavior, but complete solution sharing, if such a thing has occurred, would completely undermine this competition by diminishing the merit-based achievements of genuine participants. Moreover, it would effectively be like having multiple accounts and entails that a winning solution may simply be shared to take home all the prize money.

Best regards,
G.

Posted by: gfreund @ April 13, 2023, 8:36 p.m.

Hi,
In addition, it is very unusual to get such high score with very few entries.
Hope everything is kosher.

Posted by: eladcoh3 @ April 14, 2023, 8:59 a.m.

Hey Elad,
As described, that's what caught my attention. I quickly found that all of them (those who raised my suspicion) were from the same small vision company as a few others. This includes a very recent one, which prompted me to finally post about this. To be clear, overall, that is at least six distinct accounts who I suspect belong to the same small group.

***With that said,*** I do not know the extent of their collaboration. It's just important the MAFAT team be aware of this.

Posted by: gfreund @ April 14, 2023, 10:51 a.m.

Hi! This is actuallly a good question. If play a detective, I see at least 2 groups with similar behavior and scores. Also some of participiants just ignore the rule of 2 submissions per day. But I'm not a detective, so just fun guesses)
I think MAFAT can solve this in the best way, for sure!
Good luck to everyone, and dont trust public score too much!

Posted by: VictorDurnov @ April 14, 2023, 12:26 p.m.

Hi,
Thank you for mentioning the issue; we guarantee that our winning-eligibility validation process is very comprehensive and covers such issues.
Participants who choose to violate the competition’s rules will be disqualified from the competition.
MAFAT Challenge Team

Posted by: MAFAT_Challenge @ April 16, 2023, 7:41 a.m.
Post in this thread